Tuesday, August 16, 2011

VistPrint Amazingness

So if you are a teacher and haven't used Vistaprint, you're missing out! Vistaprint.com is a website that is meant for businesses to make personalized products to use to promote their business. Now the reason Vistaprint.com is so amazing is because they send out so many amazing FREE deals! Yes I said FREE! Now if you are like my husband you will automatically assume there are strings attached with that free but their aren't! What is attached is that you pay shipping and if you order and don't need it right away the shipping is cheap! Here are some of the items I have made for my classroom.
This is a poster I made to show our student attitudes. As a PYP school we promote these attitudes for our students to demonstrate through their day.

This is the second poster I made and it shows our learn profile. This is what we are want our students to demonstrate after their 13 years of school. As adults we strive each day to demonstrate these profiles. Through the attitudes students are working towards these profiles.

I believe whatever behavior system you use, you need to support the students who always do the right thing. We are a PBIS school which means we use positive behavior support which means we promote good behaviors. Through this we want our students to be models for other students. Our motto is TEAM! Treat others with Empathy, Exercise Cooperation, Act with Respect, and Model Integrity. I have used money in the past to reward for doing the right thing and taking away as a consequence. Money is hard to manage so this year I am going to try these punch cards. Same idea, they get punches for the right thing and when ten punches are given they can save the card for bigger ticket items or they can turn it in for smaller prizes.

Each year before school starts I send my students a post card telling them how excited I am they are in my class. The students LOVE getting them because they never get mail just for them!

This is my business card I pass out to students and parents so they always have access to my information.

These are magnets I send home to put somewhere so our info is ready for them whenever!

I love VistaPrint because for all this I spent a little under $20 to have them shipped. They have tons of themes you can use and some really pretty prints. As you can see my theme is red, white and blue! I have ordered other things like a notepad, post its, t-shirt and hat for my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment