Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My head is swimming...

So today marks the first day of the school year! I am really excited about this school year and can't wait to see my kids. The best part about this year is that these kids are all kids I have taught before! When they were in third grade I was in third grade so I know most of them! I am excited about the team I am working with. They are all excited and motivated to be the best teachers for their students!

With all this excitement comes ideas and reflection. I have spent the past four days at school working in my classroom (pictures coming tomorrow) and in our 5th grade book room. My head is swimming because I have so much I want to do and so much I want to create and try out this year but I don't know where to put it all. I secretly wish I could have a Pinterest.com board in real life where I just pin and repin everything I want to try!

How do you handle this back to school foggy brain? How do you organize everything you need to do before school starts? I need a system and I need one that helps me keep all the ideas close by because if I put it away somewhere I will forget about it!

Tomorrow we have a meeting with our super and then time in our room. After that is the marathon of meetings we have this year because there are lots of updating and changes being made. This excites me but also adds fog to the brain. I want to be the best teacher I can be, but sometimes I feel like I am spinning my wheels and not moving anywhere.

Well I just wanted to say to you all good luck and I hope your first week back is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment